The Image Academy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Image Academy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name and payment details
Contact information including email address
Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
To process your order and obtain payment
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions prior to booking.
General Terms applying to all courses.
Learning Hub Access and Course Format.
The image academy reserves the right to change any aspect of the course content, course format and course hosting by giving 30-days notice to existing active students only. If you have not accessed your course for more than 30-days then your course would be considered inactive and as such you may not receive notification of any changes. This can also include the course duration and include changes that may be required in order to provide continued unlimited time to complete the course purchased.
1. A non-refundable booking fee (deductable from the total course price) of the amount stated in each course/workshop description is required at the time of booking. This shall be 30% of the total course fees. A completed reservation form is also required to complete the booking. (does not apply to distance learning where 100% payment is required at time of order)
2. For Studio based workshops, the balance of the course price is due 8 weeks prior to the date of your workshop. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 8 weeks or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client made in the 8-week period prior to the trip will mean that The Image Academy retains the total cost of the course unless the clients place is sold on. If this should happen only the deposit will be retained by Mark Cargill Photography, and the balance refunded to the client.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
5. The Image Academy reserves the right to alter or cancel any course. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, we will notify you and you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative course (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Mark Cargill Photography. For the avoidance of doubt, The Image Academy is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of course cancellation. You are referred to clause 15 below.
6. The Image Academy accepts no responsibility for cancellation of holidays due to Force Majeure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. In the advent of cancellation due to Force Majeure, please refer to clause 15 below.
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the course will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to your arrival. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. Where airport/hotel transfers are included in the cost of the course, such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and The Image Academy is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. You are referred to clause 16 below.
11. (applies to international courses only) The type of international courses we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and course description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the course, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
12. The Image Academy does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the course deligate.
13. The Image Academy accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment).
14. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the course leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the course.
15. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the course (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the course (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
16. For international courses only, all clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
17. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your course destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your course. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms of your own travel insurance as per clause 15 above.
18. By signing the booking form (workshops only), you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
19. You must be at least 16 years of age to attend one of our workshops unless acompanied by a parent or gardian.
Distance Selling – Your rights
You are entitled to a full refund (less Paypal charges) within fourteen days from the date you made the purchase of the course. If you have started any aspect of your course (e.g. downloading the course guide or any successful login to our learning hub) no refund will be given
The Image Academy reserves the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained on the website at any time.
Acceptance of Students
All students are accepted at the discretion of The Image Academy. Any behaviour that we deem to be offensive or rude to other students (e.g. on our dedicated student forum) could result in immediate cancelation of your photography course with no refund of course fees paid.
In order to have full compatibility with all our online course material in our e-learning platform (HUB) it may be necessary for your computer to be using the latest operating system from your system platform (MAC or PC). It is the responsibility of each student to check on the suitability of their system prior to booking their course. The Image Academy takes no responsibility of guarantees system compatibility where a student is using an older out-dated operating system or web browser.
Unlimited Telephone Tutor Support
If your course has this feature, please note that the supprt will exclusively relate to your photoraphy course and any aspect of any of your learning modules and assignments. This will include and not restricted to, advice on camera settings, composition, image editing and so on. We are unable to provide IT support on any software or operating system based questions or issues. These should be directed to the software provider.
USB Flash Drives
We obtain proof of posting for all flash drives ordered. If your drive has not arrived, you must notify us within 14-days of ordering as otherwise we will assume it has arrived safely. The Image Academy will post your drive to the address provided at time of order. please make sure this is accurate. If your drive has not arrived within 14-days of order, we will provide a replacement drive at a cost of £5.00. Please note that we will only provide one additional drive. You have the option to request a signed for service at an additional cost - please enquire prior to ordering.
On successful completion of your photography course, you will be e-mailed your course certificate in PDF format. You can have this printed and posted for an additional cost – please contact us directly for more information.
If your photography course is subscription based, please note that there is a minimum contract period of 10 (ten) months from the initial payment received. 30-days notice of cancelation of your subscription is required and this must be done in writing to; firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your original order number along with your full name and address. The cancellation will take effect within that months charge period. For example, if your subscription date is 5th Monthly and you inform us within 10 days of your next months subscription payment, then your access to the learnig HUB will be suspended from the next due day of your subscription. As long as you have made the minimum 10 payments, then no further payments will be taken. However, if you choose to cancel your subscription prior to the 10 minimum payments being made, then you will be required to make these additional payments until the 10 minimum payments have been reached.
Student Copyright of Images
All images submitted by students are the property of the student. If we wish to use any image (for example on our Facebook page) we will seek your permission beforehand. Any images used will be credited to the photographer.
Images Submitted For Assessment
All images submitted must belong to you and we will assume unless told otherwise that you have full copyright to those images. If we become aware of any images submitted infringing copyright, we reserve the right to withdraw any issued certificates.
Special offers and promotion
Like many businesses we can from time to time offer a course at a discounted price. Once this promotion or offer has finished The Image Academy is under no obligation to provide the course at this special price. Any price reduction is entirely at the discretion of the Image Academy.
You can contact The Image Academy regarding any of the points in these terms and conditions by emailing email@example.com